The Guild is on summer break, there will be a newsletter posted online June 21, 2012 and another one at the end of August. A notice will go out at the time. In September we have a consulting skills course beginning with a talk by Stephanie Jean Clement, the details are in the brochure, click here to read the information.Workshop September 2012.
The single most important talent of great astrologers is the ability to hear what the client says and offer appropriate feedback. You must relate to the client on his or her terms first. The September program is designed to help us hone in on the chart as well as the person.
With a doctorate in Transpersonal Psychology, Stephanie Clement, Ph.D., LPMAFA, has been practicing astrology for over thirty-five years. President of the American Federation of Astrologers and former board member of NCGR, Stephanie served on the faculty of Kepler College and has been a speaker at the State of the Art Conference, NCGR conference in Minneapolis, and many regional conferences, as well as AFA conventions between 1976 and the present.
She is the author of Charting Your Spiritual Path with Astrology, Power of the Midheaven, Mapping Your Family Relationships, Aspect Patterns, Planet-Centered Astrology, and other books. She writes for a national new age/spirituality magazine, a U.S. bank, and astrologers.com.
Stephanie can be contacted at email@example.com, or by phone at 719-542-0230. She lives in Colorado. Visit her web site at www.stephanieclement.com.
September 13, 2012 7:30 PM
A key to thought process
Are you looking for ways to communicate more skillfully or to identify personal style in the birth chart? The dispositor can tell you about the client’s disposition before you ever cast a chart! And you can consider your own style too.
But don’t let the simplicity of this method fool you. From the dispositor you can identify ways people tend to think, make decisions and act. This method provides a way to create rapport easily and provide effective consultation.
Friday Parlour Talk
September 14, 2012 7:00 PM
Astrological Consulting Process
Do you have too many tools for the job? How can you select the right tools for each consulting job quickly? Sometimes the client need a slap on the fanny, no astrology required. Other times we use complex tools to identify profound themes. This evening’s discussion will touch on the following:
- How much astrology is needed?
- How much counselling or consulting is appropriate?
- How do we select appropriate tools?
- Which astrological techniques apply?
- What is the practical/mental/psychological/spiritual level of the client?
- When should we send the client elsewhere
- When should we use non-astrological skills?
September 15, 2012 10:30 PM-5:00 PM
Decisions and Choices with Astrology
Today you will learn specific ways to interact more successfully with clients. You may already have some of these skills. For others you need to wrap your mind around the theory and then practice it. All these skills are widely used, and all offer fundamental tools for interacting with clients.
You will learn how to:
- understand your client’s needs more effectively
- use astrology skills and data to access client creativity
- reframe (alter) the client’s perception of a problem
- making decisions with astrology
- use astrology for future pacing (developing awareness of future possibilities)
- state astrological potential in practical language for the client
- face and discuss ethical issues that arise
September 16, 2012 10:30 PM-5:00 PM
Practicing Astrological and Consulting Skills
Now you learn how to apply Saturday’s skill set in your client interactions. Today’s workshop considers the following:
- Learning to “hear” the client and identify issues
- Accessing the client’s creative talents via astrology
- Reframing problems—changing “I can’t seem to” into “I can see how to”
- Helping the client to formulate choices and make decisions
- Future pacing to ensure client perceives milestones and auspicious timing
- More about Ethical Issues
In selecting charts to use in this portion of the workshop, preference will be given to
- individuals attending the Saturday workshop.
- individuals who pre-register with birth data (personal only!)
Registration and costs
- Drop-in Thursday (non-members) $10
- Friday Night Talk members $10
- Friday night non-members $20
- Saturday members $80
- Saturday non-members $100
- Sunday members $80
- Sunday non-members $100
Payment must be received by August 15, 2012
- All three events for members $140
- All four events non-members $180
All four events paid after August 15, 2012
- Members $160
- Non-members $200
- Friday Night Talk all members $10
- Saturday Senior-members $70
- Sunday Senior-members $70
- Prepaid by August 15, all three extra events $135
- All three events paid after August 15, 2012 $150
Payments with cheque should be mailed to the Treasurer
The Fraser Valley Astrological Guild
476 East 17 Avenue
Vancouver, BC V5V 1B1
You can also pay via PayPal using your credit card; email firstname.lastname@example.org for a PayPal invoice. To contact our treasurer via phone: 778-997-5722
We hold our Thursday, Friday and Saturday events at our regular meeting place
320 Columbia Street, New Westminster on the premises of the International Spiritualist Alliance.
The Sunday workshop will be held in Langley City, the corner of 208th Street and Fraser Highway. We will email directions to registrants for the exact address.
Translink Bus 502 from Surrey Central Skytrain station takes 37 minutes to the Langley address. The Skytrain from New Westminster to Surrey Central is about 7 minutes in duration. Trip planning for those using public transportation at www.translink.bc.ca
Driving to Langley City from downtown Vancouver is an estimated 50 minutes, from New Westminster approx. 25 minutes. Find the best route at www.google.ca
These two talks and the two workshops form a part of the Canadian Association for Astrological Education consulting skills course as offered in British Columbia. This component is approx. 60% of the course. The other components will be offered over a period of 6-8 months.
The talk by Phyllis Chubb, MA at the Guild in October is part of the required material for students wishing to work toward a Diploma through the CAAE.
Those interested in completing the Consulting Skills Course with a final assignment due in the spring of 2013 are asked to contact Anne Massey at email@example.com or via phone 604.574.9545 for additional details. Note Anne is in Finland June 28- August 27, therefore email is the best way to contact her.